NEW YORK – April 12, 2011 – I love the smell of Magicka in the morning. The whimsical wizards of Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Game Studios today announced the deployment of Magicka: Vietnam, the DLC for action-adventure game Magicka. The DLC Magicka: Vietnam for the friendly fire-filled indie hit is now available on all leading digital distribution platforms for $4.99.
To check out smuggled footage of the game, check out the launch trailer at:
Answer the call of duty to take up arms against the Goblin-Cong, trudging through a napalm-scorched battlefield with a bad company of up to four wizard GIs, and earn new medals of honor and achievements as you eliminate scores of enemies with not-so-wizardly machine guns and a new napalm Magick, liberate prisoners from POW camps, and escape to a Huey before it gets shot down by a pistol—all of this, of course, in your stylish robe fatigues and hood-friendly helmet.
In commemoration of the Magicka: Vietnam launch, Magicka will be discounted on several digital download portals, allowing players to snatch up the acclaimed title for up to 50% off—including bundles and 4Packs. So be on the look out for Special Promotions for Magicka!
The deals will magickally appear here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/deals
Magicka: Vietnam features:
• Vietnam themed game world with a twist
• 2 Challenge maps (1 scenario challenge & 1 survival challenge)
• New Vietnam themed enemies
• Many new Vietnam era weapons
• Stylish GI Wizard robe
• New Magick – Napalm strike
• Innovative and dynamic spell casting system with thousands of possible combinations
• Up to four player co-op in all game modes as well as single player option
• Experience the parody and satire of a cliché fantasy world/jungle war