Much-asked for Features Added, Devs Release Gameplay Trailer for Magicka: The Stars are Left
NEW YORK – November 16, 2011 – In anticipation of Magicka’s upcoming Lovecraft-inspired campaign, Magicka: The Stars are Left, the Great Old Ones today announced that the popular co-op action/adventure game has recieved a huge tech overhaul for the game engine itself and game balance improvements.
Any players who have purchased Magicka will receive, at no charge, this much-asked for update, which adds the ability to resume game progress from check points instead of starting over at the beginning of a chapter, incorporates the ability to revisit previously completed chapters, and, for the soloists, adds a fairy familiar that will revive players when they perish during campaign mode.
Full details for what is featured in the game engine update:
• Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign
• Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit
• Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters
• Several improvements to the server browser
• Physics and collision detection improved - less falling through the floor
• Frame rate stuttering - should be less noticeable for some users
• Extended particle system with particle lights
• Improved light performance
• Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks
The Great Old Ones also unveiled a gameplay trailer that was available before the existence of man. However, since the Great Old Ones only had dial-up internet access until just a few days ago (old habits die hard), they’re finally able to share it with all of mankind who have since started to exist; the trailer is sure to excite players who are Thurston for more Magicka action—bah-dum-ching!
View the video at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVzcZaaoc8